Saturday, November 19, 2011

Three thousand "thank you's!"


Today this blog just had its 3,000th viewing (this time, by someone in Russia, a special Спасибо or "Spasiba" to you) and last month alone had more than 500 hits!

Since its beginning in May 2009, about 30% of visitors to the site have been (surprisingly to me) from the United States, then Spain, Australia, Germany, Russia and Britain.

Also, somewhat unexpected was finding that there are plenty of readers of this blog sitting in South Korea, France, the Ukraine, the Netherlands and the Ukraine.

Up to this point in time, the most-read blog entry (285 pageviews) was this one I wrote about Islam and Sharia law (in Catalonia) from December 2009.

Again, I want to say that I greatly appreciate all visitors to this humble blog and invite you to comment and/or “come back again ‘real soon!”

4 comments:

Nonsmoker Walrus said...

Congratulations! It's Miquel of the ECClub. I am adding you to my blog list. I also have a blog, although it is written in Catalan, so probably you wouldn't caught much of it. By the way, I hope you enjoyed Ginesa Ortega's concert. I didn't know much her music but I have a CD where she performs a song and it's for sure that she has a remarkable voice.

Brett Hetherington said...

Thanks for the comment, Miquel. Nice to hear from you!

I did enjoy Ginesa Ortega but I didn't really feel "duende" during her performance. Some of the dancing was quite good. Her best song, I thought, was actually in Catalan and was had the words "recorda sempre (Sepharad?) aixo..." Do you have that song on CD? (I can't find it on her site or youtube.) I commented on your blog too.

Fins ara!

Nonsmoker Walrus said...

I think that it's from this poem by Salvador Espriu:
La pell de brau

Today I am going to a concert by Pat Metheny.

Brett Hetherington said...

Many thanks for that, Miquel. I happen to share the sentiments of that poem and will post it in the English translation. Enjoy Mr Metheny (blues I think?)